Monday, May 26, 2008

The view

Well it's been an uninteresting week for me, aside from a few movies I've seen of course. My best friend flew off to Blackpool England Saturday, so it's been rather quite. Classical music is playing in the background and it's very soothing. Very nice for a cloudy day. It makes me want to watch Masters and commanders: The far side of the Sea, and the Horatio Hornblower series (which I have been watching the last few days. Instead of studying...). As sci-fi as I am I love a good High Seas kind of movie. They make me appreciate the time period that I live in, however I do wish life was slower sometimes like back then
We saw Indiana Jones and the crystal skull today. It was a good movie but too science fiction for a archeologist I think. Straying too much from the old Indiana Jones history.
I've been on a Digital electronics fest lately, I even had plans to build my own 7400 TTL processor, straight from just logic gates. but I think instead of doing it based on an 8bit processor design, I'll just do a 4 bit one (something like this). If I can get a PLD programmer (PLD = programmable logic device) then maybe I'll build an 8bit or 16bit one for fun. Especially if I can get one to proram the Atmel ATF2500C. but that'd set me back 600$ and I don't have that kind of money yet. I will, but when I do I wont have time to play with it... such is life.
Only 23 some odd days left until school is out and I graduate with a Bachelores in Physics! very exciting! Well I better be off, the only productive thing I've done today (installing windows Vista Ultimate on my dest top) is done. I want to get it updated and up to speed. It's finally replacing my Windows XP patition. I should probably pick a version of linux and install that too... on well my hand are hurting from typing too much..... Silly broken finger!

3 comments:

elizabeth, eliza, liza, liz, elles, etc. said...

although i didn't understand most of this word jargon, i still want you to UPDATEEEE. new postttt

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

We love the Horatio Hornblower movies! We don't know many people who know them.

Headmistress, zookeeper said...

Oh, and Master and Commander is cool, too. But I like Horatio Hornblower best.